What You Should Know About Amazon Affiliatecreated on 2020, Mar, 15 18:26
Back in 2018, around $235 billion were spent by millions of people in Amazon, and that’s just from the US alone. Imagine if the statistic involved global expenditure. With that said, it’s entirely possible to get a fair share of that revenue through Amazon affiliate marketing .
In this article, we’re going to talk about the Amazon Associates program and provide you with tips on how you can start earning by being an affiliate.
What is the Program About?
The Amazon Associates program is an online affiliate marketing program by Amazon that was launched back in 1996. It basically allows website owners to advertise Amazon products on their site through the use of referral links and give them commissions each time a person clicks their links and buys the product.
In order to become an Amazon affiliate , you should first create your Amazon affiliate account . Fortunately, the program is free and fairly easy to use. After creating your account, you will have to wait for approval which usually takes around 24-48 hours.
After your account gets approved, you can start including your referral links in your website and make an income each time a visitor clicks on your links and purchase a product from Amazon.
How to Start Earning Money
In order to earn money through Amazon affiliate marketing, you have to generate your affiliate links first. Fortunately, you can find a lot of ways to do so inside Amazon Associates. There are three different methods for adding ads and product links to your website. They’re as follows:
Using banner ads is the simplest method to get your affiliate link into your website. The problem, however, is that it’s not as effective as the other methods when it comes to making sales. To get your own banner ad, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to your Amazon affiliate account then click on “Banners”.
- After done, choose which category you want.
- You have the option to choose how big you want your banner to be.
- Once you have decided, simply copy the HTML code which you can find under the banner then paste it on your website.
A text link is the most effective method of referring visitors to Amazon. Here’s how you can get yours:
- Log in to your account then click on “Product Links”.
- Search for the product you want to promote.
- After that, click the “Get Link” button located on the right side of the item.
- You can decide whether you want Text Only, Image Only, or Text and Image. You can also choose the colors and whether you want it to open in a new window or not.
- Copy the HTML code which is located in the box below.
- After that, paste it on your website.
Native ads aren’t as effective as text links, but they do perform a bit better than banner ads. To get yours, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to your account then click on “Native Shopping Ads”.
- After that, pick the Native Shopping Ad type you want. To do so, simply click on “Create Ad Unit”. You can pick from either Recommendation Ads, Search Ads, and Custom Ads.
- Once done, choose which category or items you want to be included in your ad.
- Copy the HTML code then paste it on your website afterward.
How to Choose Which Products to Promote
In order to know which products to promote, your best bet is to head to Amazon’s Best Sellers page. From there, you can have an idea as to which products sell more compared to others. The best-selling products will be categorized into various departments which you can see on the left side.
You want to choose those products that are related to your niche. This way, there will be a higher chance that your visitors will click through your referral links and buy a product.
You also want to keep in mind to promote only high-quality products. Hence, you want to check for a product’s reviews and ratings to find that out.
Hopefully, our guide has explained to you how to become an Amazon affiliate and help you learn how you can start earning money through the program. Simply follow the steps we mentioned above, and you should be able to start promoting Amazon products with your affiliate links in them.